What Kind of Personal Data We Collect ?
Personal data means any information in our possession that relates directly or indirectly to an individual to the extent that the individual can be identified from that and from other information in our possession, which for the purpose of this Privacy Notice, includes:
- information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, telephone numbers, NRIC No., passport details, date of birth, nationality, email address, photograph, information about your reservation, stay or visit with us, payment information such as your payment card number and other card information, etc;
- information collected on-property, such as personal information in connection with on-property services, such as concierge services, spas, activities, child care services, equipment rental, outside or takeaway food waiver forms, and we may also use closed circuit television (CCTV) and other security measures at our properties which may capture and record images of guests and visitors in public areas, etc;
- information collected by technology when you subscribe to our services, such as your web browser type, Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, user profiles, cookies, Android ID, third party analytics services (e.g. Google Analytics), etc;
- information collected from third parties or other permissible or authorized sources, such as where you have given your consent via third parties’ website to disclose to us information relating to you.
Personal data for purposes of this notice may, where applicable, include sensitive personal data which means any personal data consisting of information as to the physical or mental health or condition of a data subject, his political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence or any other personal data as the Minister may determine.
How We Use Your Personal Data ?
The personal data (including sensitive personal data) collected from you will be used to:
- assess and process your booking and reservation with us;
- process, facilitate, administer and/or provide you with our products and/or services;
- carry out, manage and/or maintain your relationship with us, your commercial transactions and dealings with us;
- process your payments, including providing billing to you, maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit/debit card details and facilitating payments of any amount due to us;
- provide you with service support, management and optimisation, customer support and other related services, including respond to your enquiries or complaints;
- improve and facilitate our customer services, business development initiatives;
- profiling your usage and purchasing preferences, including by analysing how you use our products and/or services on a personalized or aggregated basis in order to gather information on demography, interests, and behaviours so that we can better understand you and can tailor our products and/or services in accordance with your preferences;
- conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns, behaviours and choices, planning and statistical analysis, including preparation of reports of such analysis and the use of the results of such analysis for various purposes including for the development and marketing of our and/or our selected third parties’ products and/or services;
- promote our products and/or services, or promote products and/or services of third parties which we think may be of interest to you;
- send you seasonal greetings and offers; and
- any other purposes that are necessary or related to your relationship with us
(collectively referred to as “Purposes”).
Please note that we may also anonymise or aggregate your personal data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you (“Anonymous Information”). This Anonymous Information may be used to personalize our products and/or services for you, including directing certain advertisements to make them more relevant to you or to analyse request and usage patterns so that we may improve our products and/or services or for any related market research purposes, either internally or through third parties.
We may obtain your personal data from yourself and from a variety of sources, including from third parties connected with you (e.g. other customers who are related to you), and from such other sources to which you have given your consent to disclose your personal data (e.g. information collected when you visit our website).
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We will not disclose any of your personal data to any third party without your consent, whether within or outside Malaysia, except to:
- the Company’s group of companies (including the Company’s subsidiaries, related and/or associated companies);
- the hotel management company which manages the Company, and any other hotel managed and/or developed by the said the hotel management company;
- any hotel consortium which the Company is a part of, as well as member hotels of any such hotel consortium;
- our professional advisers, vendors, suppliers, agents, contractors, service providers, business partners, insurance companies, banks, financial institutions, in connection with any of the Purposes above, including third party service providers who personalize the types of information that we receive from you and to customize, improve and develop content and functionality to help us provide you with better products and/or services;
- successor in title to us;
- any governmental agencies, regulatory authorities and/or statutory bodies;
- parties (including but not limited to its advisers/representatives) in connection with any corporate exercise, e.g. any proposed or actual mergers and/or acquisitions, joint venture, funding exercise, asset sale or for any other matter of such nature which relates to the Company;
and where necessary, to any party who undertakes to keep your personal data confidential in carrying out the Purposes mentioned above or to persons whom we are compelled or required under the law to make such disclosure to.
What If Personal Data Provided By You Is Incomplete?
It is necessary for us to collect and process your personal data. If you do not provide us with your personal data, we will not be able to effectively provide products and/or services to you or process your personal data for any of the Purposes, if at all.
Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Data
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is stored securely and will store your personal data only for such duration as necessary and/or as per the PDPA permits. You have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of and request to update or correct your personal data held by us. You also have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your personal data (for example, requesting us to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for marketing purposes), subject to our right to rely on any statutory exemptions and/or exceptions to collect, use and disclose your personal data.
Your written requests or queries should be addressed to:
Artisan Eco Hotel
Address : 37-1, Jalan PJS 11/28B, Sunway Metro, Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Contact No. : 603 – 5611 3855
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
By providing your personal data to us, you consent to us processing your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and you confirm that all personal data provided by you is accurate and complete, and that none of it is misleading or out of date. You will promptly update us in the event of any change to your personal data.
To the extent that you have provided (or will provide) personal data about your family members, spouse, other dependents (if you are an individual), directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, agents (if you are a corporate entity/an organisation) and/or other individuals, you confirm that you have explained (or will explain) to them that their personal data will be provided to, and processed by, us and you represent and warrant that you have obtained their consent to the processing (including disclosure and transfer) of their personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
In respect of minors (i.e. individuals under 18 years of age) or individuals not legally competent to give consent, you confirm that you are the parent or guardian or person who has parental responsibility over them or the person appointed by the court to manage their affairs or that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent on their behalf to the processing (including disclosure and transfer) of their personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Amendments to This Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update and amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any amendments to this Privacy Notice via announcements on our website or other appropriate means. If we amend this Privacy Notice, the amendment will only apply to personal data collected after we have posted the revised Privacy Notice.